Friday, August 03, 2007

Is it August or Christmas!?!

Today we received and put out our first Christmas item! The cover of Paula Deen's magazine this month is for the Holiday. Already! It seems like Christmas gets overlooked, but this year I'm glad to see a Christmas magazine BEFORE seeing a Halloween item. It has always bothered me that we go from GETTING (or begging for) candy at Halloween to GETTING gifts at Christmas and overlook GIVING thanks at Thanksgiving. I know this is how our society and retail are, but we need to be thankful. So, I'm being thankful to see a Christmas item. I guess Christmas is just around the corner...

3 Comments:

At Sunday, August 05, 2007, Blogger Katie Barker said...

I've never read the magazine. Do you use much from it?

 
At Wednesday, August 08, 2007, Blogger jess said...

Yummm... Paula Deen makes the best banana pudding!! It's called "Not yo' mama's banana pudding" ;) I'll be looking for your favorite recipie from each issue to be posted on your blog!!! I got a subscription to Rachel Ray last Christmas and I haven't used it as much as I thought I would, so let me know how Paul helps you in the kitchen.

 
At Wednesday, August 15, 2007, Blogger Karis said...

Christmas around the corner already?! Actually, these four months until Christmas will fly by so quickly so it really is true... reminds me I need to start figuring out Christmas plans since this is probably our last Christmas in the states for 4 years. Definitely a bitter sweet thought!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home