Friday, July 27, 2007

Monticello

Russell's parents came and visited from July 17-24. We went up to Charlottesville early Thursday morning and checked into the Sugar Hallow Inn Bed & Breakfast. It is a nice B&B with beautiful scenery of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Check it out at www.sugarhollow.com. We ate lunch at Revolutionary Soup. Their Tomato Bisque was superb, and the BLT was the best I've ever had!! Then we walk down the "mall" stopping in 3 or 4 used book stores that Russell and I enjoyed browsing through. Russell purchased a bag full at a great price. Then it was time to head up to Monticello for our tour of Thomas Jefferson's home. For Supper we ate at Zocalo, a South American fusion restaurant. Their Steak is delish! We finished the night using the Jacuzzi at the B&B. In the morning we had a nice breakfast where we met some people from upstate NY. It's a small world. I really enjoyed our trip and wish we could have stayed in Charlottesville longer, but I had to be back for harry potter...which I despise!!!


2 Comments:

At Friday, July 27, 2007, Blogger Karis said...

Sounds like a great time! That is the area of Virginia we're at for camp this week (not the exact area but we went by Charlottesville). Of course, we haven't done anything touristy, but we've enjoyed the mountains while we were for camp.

 
At Friday, July 27, 2007, Blogger jess said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, your pictures! Black and white are always so clasic and evoke so much emotion! You did a great job shooting. I have always wanted to up to Charlottesville and evertime I hear about it I want to go even more - it looks like such a cozy romantic place. Glad you guys had a nice trip and visit with the family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home